The PayCertify plugin for WooCommerce allows you to accept payments directly on your store instead of being redirected to an externally hosted checkout page, which has been proven to lead to higher conversion rates.
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
To add a WordPress Plugin using the built-in plugin installer:
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type in “WooCommerce PayCertify Payment Gateway” in Search Plugins box.
- Find the PayCertify Plugin.
- Click Install Now to install PayCertify Payment Gateway plugin.
- The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful.
- Click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
The manual installation method involves downloading our plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. There are a few cases when manually installing a WordPress Plugin is appropriate.
- If you wish to control the placement and the process of installing a WordPress Plugin.
- If your server does not permit automatic installation of a WordPress Plugin.
- The WordPress Plugin is not in the WordPress Plugins Directory.
Installation of a WordPress Plugin manually requires FTP familiarity and the awareness that you may put your site at risk if you install a WordPress Plugin incompatible with the current version or from an unreliable source.
Backup your site completely before proceeding.
To install a WordPress Plugin manually:
- Download your WordPress Plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- Read through the “readme” file thoroughly to ensure you follow the installation instructions.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the newly uploaded Plugin in the list.
- Click Activate to activate it.
Check the Details readme file for customization and further instructions.
You can check WordPress Codex for more information.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure to backup your site just in case.
After installing your PayCertify WooCommerce Plugin, you need to add your credentials to it and set it up. To setup the plugin, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, click Installed Plugins, find the “PayCertify Gateway” plugin and click on Settings.
- First of all, we need to enable the plugin. Check the “Enable PayCertify Gateway” box.
- Title: is the name of the plugin that will be shown on your shop checkout page as a payment option. You can keep it as PayCertify Gateway or change it to what you want.
- Description: is the information that customer will see during the checkout process.
- Public Key: Insert your PayCertify Publishable Key here. Don’t have one? Learn how to generate one or reach out to [email protected]*.
- Processor ID: Insert your Processor ID here. You can find it at your PayCertify Account Settings.
/* Please make sure to set PayButton option as active on your Publishable Key Settings page.
Fraud Prevention Tools
The WooCommerce plugin allows you to use our Fraud Prevention suite out-of-the-box. Please revert back to ourSupport Team to how to get your credentials and to get started today!