3D-Secure Ruleset Configuration
By default we offer the following rulesets:
- Very strict ruleset If you want to allow solely the transactions where the liability has been shifted to the bank;
- Strict ruleset If you to let pass transactions that were successfully 3D-Secure’d (not necessarily shifted);
- Permissive ruleset Just enabling the product will give you a permissive approach to 3D-Secure;
- Custom ruleset Through our rule operators, you can use the following list of the parameters and example values that you will get from a 3D-Secure response to create your own ruleset:
||3DS Internal Transaction ID. Should be forwarded to the gateway for liability shift.||
||Electronic Commerce Indicator – shows if the Liability of this transaction was shifted or not to the bank||
||Cardholder Authentication Verification Value. Base64 string – should be forwarded to the gateway for the liability shift.||
||Request status and liability indicator.||
In order to run test 3D-Secure checks, use the following cards with any expiration date in the future for different outcomes:
Prompt means that if you were using the strict mode, the user would be shown a pop-up to confirm his information.
Success means if the 3D-Secure check succeeded or not.
Forwarding data to the Gateway
Whenever your customer submits the form, after the ruleset is applied and you get a positive verdict, the form should be submitted to the form action you have defined. In that moment, you should receive the parameters needed to perform a 3D-Secure transaction on your form action:
||1-255||Base-64 encoded Transaction ID||MDAwMDAwMDAwMDEyMzQ2Njc4OTA=|
||2||Electronic commerce indicator.||05|
||1-255||Cardholder authentication verification value.||jI3JBkkaQ1p8CBAAABy0CHUAAAA=|
||1||Result of 3DS request.||Y, N, A, U|
- If you’re using our gateway direct API integration, refer to this page for more info;
- If you’re using our Pay Buttons, that process should happen automatically.
- If you’re using other gateways or payment providers, please reach out to our support for more information on 3D-Secure for your gateway and see how we can help on that.